Mark your calendars for
February 2016 is Teen Dating Awareness Month
Thursday, February 25th: Wear Orange, take a selfie with your friends & post to social media tagging @NIWRC in efforts to end violence against women internationally! This supports the UN Project: Native Women’s Empowerment group.
- Monday, February 29th: Join the #YouthLeaders Twitter Chat 7pm EST/6pm CST/4pm PST. This chat will highlight youth-led social justice efforts at the intersections of oppression & violence. Follow the discussion & participate by tweeting with the #YouthLeaders hashtag on your Twitter account <RSVP here>
- Checkout our NativeLove Facebook page, we’ll have daily facts, NativeLoveIs videos, photos, articles & events to sign up for!
- Use #NativeLoveIs on your social media to let us know what you think Native Love Is via sentence, photo, or short video!
- Sign up for our E-mail blasts to get updated on NIWRC sources (webinars, training opportunities) all month long
- Be apart of the conversation! Message [email protected] with your community’s planning & we’ll help you promote it!
March 2016 is Women’s History Month
- Nominate an Inspiring Native Woman from your community & we’ll add to our Facebook album promoting her story on all our social media platforms! Send short 2-3 sentence bio, photo & relevant link to [email protected]. Women can be from your tribe’s history or current role model.
- Sunday, March 20th: is National Native American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. Check out out social media accounts to learn facts, photos to share on your page!
- Friday, February 25th: Wear Orange, take a selfie with your friends & post to social media tagging @NIWRC in efforts to end violence against women internationally!
- In March, we’ll share the free downloadable curriculum, videos, photos from the Native Daughters: Oklahoma magazine & website articles. Articles & lesson plans profile Native Women leaders, artists, musicians & athletes from the state of Oklahoma.
- Watch & learn more about the late Wilma Mankiller, the first Chief of the Cherokee Nation in the film The Cherokee Word for Water.